Monday, November 1, 2010

god's alarm clock



i "fell asleep" sitting upright on my couch at 3:30 on friday night. i left my outfit on because i thought it looked cute and thought there might eventually be someone to appreciate it.  i woke up at 6 with a stiff neck, a dry mouth, and lonely heart.  payback.  i watched the sunrise horizontally while i tried to go back to sleep.  at 7 i gave up, and at 8 the walls of my apartment shook.  "maybe the world is coming to an end? terrorists?" either way, i didn't really care.  but when i realized what it was, i was instantly sorry that i hadn't gone to watch.  i don't think they let people watch from the street, but i would have had a perfect view from the window of my office.  i suppose something about it appeals to both my pre-pubescent obsession with carnage and my post-love fascination with metaphorical violence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment